Thursday, November 20, 2014

”Gentle Souls”

DZ2_9081”Gentle Souls
©David A. Ziser

I find this image utterly fascinating. Or maybe it’s the subject matter. We all know jellyfish are not so gentle, especially if you are stung by one.  But in keeping your distance and watching them move made this title come to mind.  Somehow watching the movement of a jellyfish just mesmerizes me. The gentle, delicate structure of the miracle of nature is just beautiful to see.

This image was made while we were visiting Valencia’s wonderful City of Arts and Science. Your right – this photo was taken in an aquarium.  I made most of my images during that visit with my Sigma super wide angle lens.  I found it worked perfectly in that situation. Something about that wide angle perspective just made the subject matter more dramatic.

I still like the monochromatic color and easy diagonal composition.  The image was further enhanced in Lightroom 5 with a tweak of the contrast, Vibrance, Clarity, and Noise Reduction

Camera specs: Canon 5D Mark III fitted with Sigma 12–24 mm lens at 24mm, F5.6 at 1/60 second, ISO 12,800.  Enjoy! David

1 comment: