Friday, December 02, 2011

"Looking To The Stars"

Looking To The Stars

"Looking To The Stars"
©David A. Ziser

Last evening we headed down to the art district of San Jose.  The town hosts an “Art Walk” every Thursday and it’s always relaxing to enjoy the art, including sculptures, glass, photography, jewelry, paintings, needlepoint and much more. We also got a chance to visit Bruce Herman [link], one of Mexico’s top photographers, who was featuring his amazing images at Raweli Gallery.

This image was captured at moon light right outside the front door of Kent and Sarah’s home where we are staying. I was anxious to do some shooting with my super wide Sigma lens as we visited the Art Walk but, while waiting for everyone, I pointed my camera skyward and took this image.

What attracted my eye was the play of lights and shadows cast by the wall sconces on the front door entrance.  With the super wide angle lens I was also able to grab part of the carport.  I felt that by including it into the composition, it gave the image the additional balance it needed.

A little tweaking in Lightroom 3 to reduce the noise and bring out the right cobalt blue of the sky finished the presentation.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with Sigma 8-16mm lens at 8mm, F4.5 @ 1/13 second, IDO 2500.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment