Sunday, November 16, 2014

”The Long And Winding Road”

DZ2_0407

”The Long And Winding Road
©David A. Ziser

This image was made while traveling through Andalusia, Spain. We had stopped briefly to explore what looked to be an old castle of some kind.  Turned out to be an abandoned water tower for a real estate deal that-went-south in the economic crunch a few years ago.

The climb to the top of the hill presented us with some great vantage points for some cool panoramas.  This is one of my favorites. Compositionally I love the road meandering gently through the foreground heading into parts unknown in the distance. The contrasting colors and textures also work well together in this image.

Because of the heavy backlighting, I had to work a few tweaks in Lightroom 5 to get the image tones right were I wanted them.  I think the resulting image captures the abundant beauty of this region of Spain.

Camera specs: Canon 5D Mark III fitted with Tamron 28-300mm VC lens at 65mm, F4.5 at 1/1600 second, ISO 250.  Enjoy! David

1 comment:

  1. I have been visited this road few months ago after completing my charleston to new york with my friends during my Spain tour. This region attracts millions of visitors due to its great climate, pueblos blancos, white towns and stepping down hillsides topped by the brooding ruins of ancient castles. A lot of heritage sights are also located in this awesome region.

    ReplyDelete