Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year Everybody!

Happy New Year Everybody!

HAppy New Year 2013

My wish to each and everyone one of you reading this post today is that, regardless of how your 2012 unfolded, I wish you the absolute best for 2013! 

As Dylan Says: The Times, They Are a-Changin’

2012 was a year of transition for LaDawn and I and 2013 promises to offer more of the same.  We are “adjusting” things at the studio to eventually slow things down a bit.  I want to spend less time working on the day-to-day studio activities and redirect my focus more to writing, teaching, traveling, and shooting with emphasis on landscape, fine art, and abstract images. 

Morning Tranquility

Don’t get me wrong – I’m not getting out of the wedding/portrait business.  But we have decided to shoot for only my VIP clients – that is clients we have worked with in the past. I still love the wedding day “chase”.  I continue to relish capturing images that tell the entire story of the day. I still get “goose bumps" composing my dramatically exciting images for my brides. And I still love creating images that my clients will cherish forever.

Time To Visit Some Old friends

Amalfie2But it’s time to move on with so many other things I still want to do photographically with my life.  Have you ever told yourself that you need to visit that old friend that moved away so many years ago but you never get around to it and then hear that they have passed away?  That’s exactly how I’ve been feeling these last few years. I was fortunate to visit  “old friends”, that is projects I’ve been putting off for too long because life, business, work, something always got in the way.

This past year we traveled almost 5 months of the year and 3 months of that travel was for pleasure. My goal is to see the world and we saw a lot of it traveling over 25,000 miles last year!  I’m happy to say that we’ve already scheduled 3 months of travel (so far) for 2013.  God and the pixels willing, we’ll expand on that time too ;~)

New Energy For DigitalProTalk

Does that mean that I’m giving up on my beloved DPT blog?  Not really, but I will be making changes to my posting schedule.  As you’ve probably noticed, it seems I’ve come out of hibernation to get today’s blog up and online ;~)  Remember those old friends I was talking about earlier – I’ve been spending a little more time with them instead of hitting the keyboard for two or more hours everyday.  Personally, the break has been centering, re-energizing, and much needed.

My thanks for so many of my DPT readers that go out of their way to say “Thank You” for all the time, effort and information shared here at DPT. Your words and thoughts are very much appreciated – I really mean that. My plan is to continue posting to DPT, but not on a daily basis.

Rome  PantheonThere is so much great content on-line these days, much more than was available 5 years ago when I started DPT.  It’s really impossible for us to keep up with all of it.  If I can give our DPT readers “solid gold nuggets” of information on a semi-regular basis two things happen. It gives you a reason to stop back and it gives me an opportunity to explore so many other exciting life possibilities which, of course, I will share with my DPT readers.

Resolve To Be A Moment Catcher

10 4x6s -DAZ-LD-2So, let me end with how I began – Happy New Year Everyone!  May all of us accept the changes, challenges, and blessings this new year will surely offer each and everyone of us.  May we be strong when we need to be and bend with the wind when necessary. 

May we not miss even one of the special moments 2013 is sure to present to us. Missing those moments - soft breezes, beautiful sunsets, butterfly kisses, warm hugs, loving glances, a special embrace from a loved one are simple too valuable to let pass by.  Treasure each one and promise yourself to be the best “moment catcher” you possible can be for 2013. With those thoughts in mind, 2013 could be the best year ever for all of us.

Happy New Year Everybody!  -David

8 comments:

  1. Happy New year
    My name edi, living in Indonesia
    I am a photo editor and want to pursue photography a
    Your article really inspired me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and LaDawn! And my I say thank you for making the DPT blog possible. I've learned and been inspired so much from reading this for the past few years and my photography has grown by leaps & bounds since. Keep up the great work and looking forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks MR.Z, missed you lately and figured you were cutting back. Happy successful New Year to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Ziser, I have been following your blog for about 4 years and you are constant source of inspiration. I always look forward to seeing what you have been up to and I have to say that it is good to see you are coming full circle and are planning on doing more of what you would like to do. You have worked very hard to be where you are and life is to short to not take time to play and enjoy life. Since my wife and I started our studio a little over 2 years ago it has not been easy, but I hope to be successful in our adventures and one day be able to live life the way it should be, congratulations and a Happy New Year to you both :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!
    Digital Graffiti UK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! Very impresive article, you inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see you are regrouping a bit, recentering and writing about it. Often times we get caught up in things and forget that we need time for ourselves too. I look forward to reading the "golden nuggets" even if they come along a bit less often than we are all used to. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for wishing new year, i'm sorry for being late to wish you new year. 2012 was the best year and specially it's ending. I attended a new year party at 31 DEC 2012 night, that was held in our town. This party was in open-sided marquee and fully decorated with lightning, it was the best ending of 2012.
    --------------------------------
    Outdoor Party Manchester

    ReplyDelete