Saturday, October 04, 2014

”Santiago Sunset”

Santiago Sunset

”Santiago Sunset
©David A. Ziser

Here is another image I captured a few days ago while in Santiago, Spain.  As we were settling-in for the evening, I peered out the window and was amazing to see this striking sunset over the rooftops of the city – remember our 6th floor apartment? It was a spectacular scene.

I also loved how I could pick up the sunset’s reflection in the skylight right below me.  I knew the image needed to be a very wide angle shoot to get the result I wanted. I grabbed my super wide Sigma 12-12mm and began shooting away.

Because of the extremely wide tonal range I made a few images using my Canon 5D Mark3’s built in HDR mode.  I love the result. Hope you do too!

Camera specs: Canon 5D Mark III fitted with Sigma 12-24mm lens at 12mm, F6.3 at 1/250 second, ISO 1600. Camera HDR mode Auto, Art Standard 

Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment