Good Morning Everybody,
Ever have one of those days where you just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I hate to say it, but my entire weekend felt that way ;~) The BIG project for me is to push out the marketing for our upcoming PhotoPro Expo 2012 by the end of this week.
Let me share with you one of our convention highlights. It is like way cool. If you've attended Photoshop World over the last few years, you've experienced the model shoot-out. It is really fun. Four bays completely propped and jammed packed with Westcott lighting and great looking exotic models. Check out the video below to see what I mean - like I said, WAY COOL!.
Anyway, my good friends at Westcott have agreed to do the same thing for our PhotoPro Expo 2012 convention! I can't wait. And, hey gang, that's just for starters. I'll keep you posted as all the plans to come together. Remember, use promo code PPEDAZ12 to save $100 off registration.
On To Quick Hit Monday:
For today's Quick Hit Monday post I've gathered some very interesting and informative links for you. I hope you enjoy them.. Let's get right to it. Here we go...
I didn't find much on wedding photography this past week but did discover some great links with some terrific photography.
1. Photography Tips From Damian McGillicuddy: A very detailed de-construction of a great fashion shoot. [link]
2. Robert Seale Featured in Digital SLR Magazine: Some very cool sports photography. [link]
3. 40 Realistic Examples of Levitation Photography: Hey, just for fun - makes me wonder how they were done ;~) [link]
4. The Ten Most Expensive Photographs: After last week's post on the most expensive photograph ever sold, I thought you may be interested in the rest of the Top 10 list of expensive images. [link]
Gadgets – Gear On The Cheap:
Super Cheap DSLR Remotes: Photographers are three things and the first of those is CHEAP - me included. That's why I liked this link to cheap DSLR remotes. Uhmmm, remote cameras in front of church during weddings? [link]
Photoshop Lessons, Goodies & Freebies:
This is my favorite section to collect and pull together each week. I can't believe all the good information available on line. Check out these links - a treasure trove of Photoshop resources!
1 . 5 Incredible Methods to Enhance Your Designs with Light: A wonderful set of lighting tutorials to get great lighting on your Photoshop project. [link]
2. How to play Photoshop Actions on Multiple Images with Batch Editing: I needed to see this again. It's one of those things you don't do every day. So seeing the process once again was a good refresher.[link]
3. 30 Worth Learning Text Effect Tutorials in Photoshop: I'm not a big TEXT guy, but the processes described in these tutorials are fascinating to see. [link]
4. 25+ Water Effect Photoshop Tutorials and Brushes: I wish I had known about these techniques for some of my past projects. [link]
5. 30 Rare Outstanding Collections of Photoshop Tutorials: Some of these tutorials are really "off the wall" but following and understanding them will really broaden your knowledge of Photoshop. [link]
Some Great Freebies:
1. 30 Free Vector Graphics for Your Daily Needs: A great set of useful Photoshop freebies. [link]
2. Free Tile-able and Seamless Pattern Sets: More FREE stuff. [link]
3. 450+ Free Unique Photoshop Brushes: I'm such a BRUSH junkie. [link]
4. Free Graphic Design Software Reviews and An Amazing Showcase: OK, GIMP has been receiving a lot of play lately. But now it also has a working version of "Content Aware Fill". GIMP is FREE - Amazing!!! [link]
Wrapping With A Little Inspiration:
Stunning Photo Manipulations Inspired by Nature: I'm always amazed at what the digital artists can pull off in Photoshop. [link]
Hey gang, that's it for me today. I've got to get back to my real job. I hope you'll join me tomorrow for another episode of Technique Tuesday.
Hope to see tomorrow, David