Thursday, December 06, 2012

"Morning Magic"

Morning Magic

"Morning Magic"
©David A. Ziser

I captured this image about two days ago while on a sunrise walk with LaDawn  through the estuary in San Jose del Cabo.  The days are kind of short around here so we’re finding ourselves up before the break of dawn.  That has given us a great (photographic) opportunity to explore the surrounds of this beautiful part of Mexico when the sun is just breaking the horizon. The ocean breezes are more intent and the morning sunrise colors are often quite breath-taking.

Compositionally - I placed the sun at “nodal point” #4 – bottom right of the tic-tac-toe grid – for the visual balance I wanted in this image.  After exercising a small amount of patience, the ducks were perfectly positioned in the composition just as I clicked the shutter. I know that I could never be a National Geographic, or such, photographer waiting for hours for the perfect position of the animals in my composition. After 60-90 seconds I’m ready to move-on.

This is how the image looked at the moment of capture.  It’s easy to see why we like visiting San Jose del Cabo so much.

Camera specs:  Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Digital Camera at F8.0 @ 1/250 second, ISO 500.  Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful photo looking so great image.Thanks a lot for sharing with us. I'll visit your blog again.

    ReplyDelete