Thursday, September 06, 2012

"Desert Dancer"

Desert DancerDAZ_8469-Edit

"Desert Dancer"
© David A. Ziser

This is another image I captured during my wedding shoot out on Tuesday. It’s hard to believe that this image was made in the middle of the city.  The low vantage point, I was laying on the ground to get the shot, really minimized the foreground and disguised a lot of the distractions in the background.

My goal was to get a great photograph of the bride against the rich blue desert sky dotted with the wispy clouds.  That  meant I had to get quite a lot of light on the subject so as to not blow out the sky.  The easy solution was to grab my Sunspotz reflector as my main light source and bounce the sun’s 100 degree bright light back at the bride.  It worked like a charm. You may be wondering how the bride can keep her eyes open for such a shot.  Remember, she’s not looking directly into the super bright reflector which is actually positioned slightly behind her – that helped.  Also, my assistant holding the reflector was about 15 feet away which also helps to minimize the brightness of the reflector for the subject.

The simple pose, beautiful lighting, exciting background, and strong composition make for a great wedding image.  Hope you like it.

Camera specs: Canon 5D Mark III fitted with Tamron 28-300mm lens at 68mm, F5.6 @ 1/640 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

3 comments:

  1. Elegant! The lighting and pose is elegant, I like the way you framed the bride with the palms and the whispy clouds behind her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit this is off topic, but can't quite find a place to give this feedback.

    Most of the pictures of weddings feature young brides with no glasses, and elaborate white dresses. That all leads to one kind of posing. What about the older brides (perhaps 2nd marriage) who have glasses, wear nice clothes but way less elaborate. Do you have any posing and lighting advice for that kind of event. I realize many of the basics are the same, but it seems a slightly different strategy is needed.

    You may have covered it, but I can't find it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly like the way you position hands during a wedding and or portrait shoot.

    vince

    ReplyDelete